The Next Level Rules for Entry
Wacom Australia Pty Ltd. (“Wacom”) along with Just Another Pty Ltd. (“Just Another Agency”) are all about supporting creatives. In creating powerful new tools of connectivity and expression that influences every aspect of the human experience, Wacom is excited to invite all creatives to take part in this competition. This is the fourth year that Wacom and Just Another artists will be featured in the ‘The Next Level’ publication and exhibition.
How to enter
- Create your digital artwork on a ANY Wacom tablet
- Upload your digital artwork to instagram (make sure it’s a new upload with the correct information or it won’t be counted)
- Mention and Hashtag @justanotheragency @wacom and @wacomanz #wacomnextlevel
- Do it between 00:01 15th May – 23:59 on the 15th June 2019 (AEST)
It’s that easy!
Note that entries need to be new posts within the competition period and the correct mentions and hashtags need to be included at the time of posting (they cannot be added/edited after).
Education / WATC prize
There are 3 spaces in the competition reserved for students of Wacom Authorised Training Centres (“WATCs”) and education institutions that have a direct relationship with Wacom. The winning students will have their artwork featured in The Next Level Exhibition and Publication and receive a Cintiq Pro 16 valued at $2,199 RRP (inc GST). The WATC/Institution which the student attends will also receive a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16. To be eligible for this prize students need to use the hashtag #wacomnextleveledu and mention the Training Centre or Institution they are studying at, in addition to the standard rules for entry.
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
1. The digital competition (the “Competition”) is open to anyone that creates digital artwork using a Wacom product (the “Artist”).
2. To enter the Competition You must post your original artwork in a new post on Instagram between 00:01 on 15th May (AEST) and 23:59 15th June 2019 (AEST).
3. You must own all rights to any artwork posted for entry into the Competition, if we suspect your artwork is subject to copyright infringement you may be disqualified anytime.
4. To enter the competition you must upload your entry to Instagram as a new post during the competition period. You are responsible for the upload and use of the correct tags and hashtags. Mentions include @justanotheragency @wacom and @wacomanz. The required hashtag is #wacomnextlevel. These need to be used correctly at the time of posting. Edited mentions and hashtags are not valid entries.
a) To be eligible for the Wacom Authorised Training Centre prize you must be a current student at a Wacom Authorised Training Centre and use the hashtag #wacomnextleveledu in addition to mentioning the Training Centre you attend. You must also mention @justanotheragency, @wacom, @wacomanz and use the hashag #wacomnextlevel.
5. You may send multiple entries to the Competition.
6. You must post your entry for the Competition by 23:59 on 15th June 2019 (AEST).
7. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give Wacom and Just Another Agency:
a. Permission for your entry to be published within the Wacom Artist Publication, and on websites associated with the competition, Just Another Agency and Wacom; and grant Wacom and Just Another Agency a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and
b. The right to use your name, city of residence and the tools used to create your work for the sole purpose of identifying You as the artist/owner of your entry.
PICKING THE WINNERS
8. Winning entries will be chosen by the panel of judges, including Sandra Powell and Andrew King as well as representatives from Just Another Agency, Wacom, and Arts Hub Portal.
9. The winning entries will be those that the judging panel consider to be the most interesting, creative and original.
10. The judging panel’s decision will be made on or before 4th July 2019. The judge’s decision is final and the winners will be contacted via Instagram direct messaging.
11. Winners have 3 days to respond to direct messages. If you accept the award, you will be required to provide information including, but not limited to; name, artist name, city of residence, artist bio and hi res print ready copy of the winning artwork to Wacom and Just Another Agency. If no reply is received within 3 days an alternate winner will be selected.
PUBLISHING THE WINNING ENTRIES
12. If you accept the award, your winning entry will be published in ‘The Next Level’ Publication and presented in exhibitions from the end of September. All winning entries will be printed and available for sale in exhibitions around the world from September – December 2019 for sale.
13. You represent and warrant your Competition entry is entirely your own work and does not infringe any third person’s rights. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its artist.
14. Wacom and Just Another Agency will cover the cost of all printing associated with the publication and exhibition.
15. The sale price of artwork will be set by the artist.
16. 60% of the sale price will go to the artist with the remaining 40% being used to cover production costs. All payments from the exhibition for the sale of the authors artwork will be paid via paypal to the author by February 2017.
17. Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. If You are under age You must check with your parent or guardian that they consent for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
18. Wacom and Just Another Agency requires the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the artist (and that of the parent or guardian where required) of a winning entry to publish that winning entry and the artist’s name, city of residence and tool used.
19. If Just Another Agency does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the author and or the parent or guardian where required of a winning entry then we may select another entry for which we can gain such consent.
20. The winners will be featured in both the Wacom Artist Publication and the Exhibition.
21. Wacom will pay to produce all prints for the exhibition, with 60% of the sale amount going to the artist of the artwork sold.
22. Just Another Agency will be responsible for payment to the artist for any sold works. All payments will be made by January 2019 and paid into the artists PayPal account. Please note: PayPal fees will be covered by the artist.
23. Once the final artworks for the exhibition have been selected, a people’s choice voting system will be set up, where the public will vote for their favourite work of art (this excludes the featured artists involved in ‘The Next Level’.) The people’s choice winner will win a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 (RRP AUD $2199 inc. GST).
24. There are 3 prizes exclusively for the Education/Wacom Authorised Training Centre (WATC) component. The winning 3 students will each receive a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 (RRP AUD $2199 inc. GST) and have their work featured which sells in the exhibition and publication. The winners will receive 60% of the sale amount of any of their artwork. The Institution the winning students attends will receive a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 (RRP AUD $2199 inc. GST).
SOME OTHER RULES
25. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
26. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
27. The Promoter of the Competition is Wacom and Just Another Agency. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to Just Another Agency.
28. Wacom and Just Another Agency accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. Wacom and Just Another Agency further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
29. Wacom and Just Another Agency reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Wacom and Just Another Agency in all matters under its control is final and binding.
30. Wacom and Just Another Agency shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
31. The Competition will be governed by Australian law.